Why are you into cars?

its a better hobby than crack :gotme:

my dad has owned a 1984 alfa romeo spider since i can remember. he still owns it. he used to take my brother and i on drives through eden and boston when we were younger (little frank sat in the back deck, not very safe i know) the first car that wasnt given to me was 5 speed bc thats what my dad always drove. gay, i know, but i am srsly turning into my dad. not neccisarily a bad thing :wink:

GF from Long Island…

always had an interest in cars…but when visiting her on the Island I got to cruise around in her Mustang GT convertible, that and her dad had a '65 A/C Shelby Cobra that he took me out in…

When I got back I started looking into my own Mustang and bought one that spring/summer!

It’s the opposite of everything I do at work all day.

Just like going fast. Mostly just in a straight line to be honest. Then i made it to the track and the epic battle to make a new personal best constantly has owned me ever since. I especially like trying to squeeze the most out of a setup ie: Making my times lower and lower without making major changes. Ugh and to be honest i am looking into daily drivers that will be good auto-x/track cars so i can get into that as well.

i’ve always been into cars, when i was 3 i was able to look at peoples keys and tell them what they drive. they’ve always fascinated me and now i want to pursue a career and open my own shop. if i could work on a car all day, i would.

Because I am stupid.

Adrenaline of performance driving.

my Grampa was a stunt motorcyclist and my Dad was always racing and modding his cars when he was younger and he would teach me how to do simple stuff when I got my first car and i’ve been into even more since I met alot of friends that were into it.

I’ve always had a fascination with mechanics in general.

When I was a kid, instead of playing with my toys, I’d take them apart to see how they worked and put them back together again.

Naturally I was sucked into cars as I got older but didn’t really become an obsession until I saw an old fbody stand up on 2 wheels launching at a drag strip… been hooked ever since :smiley:

My dad got me into it at age 8 with a mini bike, a go kart at 10, an '77 chevy pickup at 13, and a chevy berretta GT at 15…I took what i learned from him and ran with it, and now he asks ME about cars lol.

When every thing is going shitty and I can’t stand life something about driving my car makes me just chillll. oh and fastmofo giving me beats in his 305 4spd nova back in the day :lol:

Because they are slower than bikes and easier to pull lengths on

exactly how I feel… I do it for the smell/sound of it all

:picard:

lol

It’s like owning a vette and looking for stock civics to beat up on

Started when I was young. Matchbox and hotwheels car. Then a lot of R/C cars. When I was 10ish I think, I started to watch shows like trucks and horsepower tv every weekend. I would help my dad work on our trucks, basic maint. Then when I started painting I really started to become addicted. We would all take turns point cars out as they came driving towards us. I like doing the work myself and knowing that the car is done right.

My father was a race car driver before I was born, so ever sense Birth I was at race tracks and drawn heavily to cars.
I guess I was born with it, and at 13 I bought a dirt street stock and went to war with the big boys.
I’ll never look back.

More like owning an F-16 and looking for Bi planes to beat up on. Everytime I smoke a cager I don’t even feel like I accomplished anything.

Wanted something faster then a sunfire.Everything broke on it so i learned to fix it.