Why are you into cars?

must make it faster.

me too

its a fun hobby right?

Back in 92 My dads friend had one of the first vipers and i witnessed my very first doughnut.

big clap Mike, big clap.

I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t give a shit about my DD. It drives & its reliable. The only thing I’ve put into it over the last couple of years is rear brakes & wipers.

To be honest, I don’t really care that much about the toy car either. I’m not a fan of the interior, the bodystyle, and its not that comfortable. But its cheap, takes a beating, and is easy to fix. lol.

It was the only time me and my dad got along.

Id also have to agree that if I were deaf, I probably wouldn’t be as into them.

And I have taken everything I own apart, built every computer, free labor for friends when their cars need working on, bought a POS as a first car just cause I wanted to work on it, Got more money gave up on it and got something better to work on. Now have no money to work on it :-p shrugs at least I don’t need it to get to work. It was down for 2 months waiting for the weather to get nicer so I could replace the alternator.

If there is something that I can take apart and make better or nicer when I put it back together, then I’ll do it.

This is 100000% correct. Especially if you need your DD to get to work everyday so you can make money to dump into your toy.

Not to mention, I don’t miss the days of laying in puddles, snow, slush, whatever else putting a starter, fuel pump or whatever in a POS I’ve owned in the past.

i think this pretty much sums up why i’m into cars:

I think it was all the micro machines, hot wheels and car bed sheets that I had growing up:) Add all the video games and my interest in fast things and sports and it seems to fit. :lol:

haha lmao micro machines. i just gave a whole box full of those things to my mechanic for his son

Micro machines were a true test of Darwinism, if you didn’t choke to death on one of those things as a little kid, you probably were smart enough to live…

well my moms whole side of the family are motor heads so every time we had a family get together i always ended up talking cars with someone. bought a 94 teg for my first car and left it completely stock.

then i bought the spec which came with the rims that are on there now and jsut started modding that. then i got into the spec v forums etc and now i have so much damn money into that car lol.
but id have a stupid amount of money if i wasn’t into cars for lack of things to spend it on since all i really buy is shit for my car

Chicks bra, I do it for the chicks.

to get tickets from cops.

i was into rc cars my whole life since age 9. my dad always took me to carshows like the street machine nationals.I went to boces for auto learn some stuff. Not a whole lot. Bought my first unreliable pos then my second. Then started working as a mechanic. Hated working on cars so much I became a salesman and got a nice dd. Went back to being a mechanic spent thousand upon thousands of dollars on tools I no longer use.Now I am a service writer again. makes alot sense.But i do love competitive motorsports

My dad was always into cars. Him and his brother had a 63 Impala SS 409 Convertible, 66 Chevelle SS 396/375HP, 69 Z/28, etc… My uncle also used to race. On my moms side, my uncle owned from day 1 a 69 Mustang Mach 1 (which he still owns).

A friend of ours was getting married about 22 years ago and he had a 56 Chevy Sedan Delivery. He found a 57 Chevy 4 door hardtop Bel-Air which my dad bought and we both restored it. Then we restored a 66 Mustang for a friend. Then I got my first car whenI was 15. It was a 57 Chevy Bel-Air 2 door sedan. I never did get to drive it. I was restoring it and just didn’t have the $$$$. Then about 17 years ago, I found my 69 Camaro. Was going to fix and drive it, but instead ripped it apart on the first day and restored it. Then I got an 88 IROC Camaro and painted it to match my 69.

Still have the 69, and just finished restoring / resto-modding it for the 2nd time. I sold the 57 a while ago and I think the person that bought it parted it out (stupid). My dad still has his 57 Chevy too.

Plus over 10 years ago, started WNYCarClubs.com with my friend which eventually turned into RodandPiston.com and blew up from there with the website, 6 years of shows and events. Made a ton of friends along the way and am having a great time doing it.

Swap sheets to find a new proj $6.00
Buying a restoration proj $1500.00
Finishing the restoration project. $35,000.00
Driving the car you and your dad built together, Pricless!
I grew up around muscle cars, weekends at nhra drag events, hanging out with family members and there rods, car shows, cruise nights, a new project in the garage every year, and even finding my nova at 14 years old. I was around cars since i could remember, its only right the bug would get me.

dad got me into it.

The people and the exclusivity.

perhaps to feel accomplishment. It’s never done. But you do it in steps and say “Ahhhh, I’m done”. Then you do it all over again.
Mechanics are fucking amazing and it’s pretty fucking cool to see small changes to a vehicle effect it’s handling characteristics, and finding what’s comfortable for you to drive.

Well im basically into anything that moves lol. Since i was little started with legos even toys if it had screws in it i would take it apart and put it back together. I would play with things more by taking them apart and what not rather then playing with the toy itself lol. I really enjoy projects too for some reason my mind is always running with new ideas and how to change things and im not one to leave anything alone for any period of time.

The auto racing part started with drag racing hotwheels and racing h.o. cars. H.O. was my first form of racing competition and have had the biggest rush with competing ever since. Also ive been going to race tracks ever since i can remember. Drags and circle track, ive come to really appreciate a good competitive side by side race much more than watching a race for a crash like many do. There are so many things that with out racing experience wouldn’t seem like much to an average person that i notice to be an insane thing to do with a car. Such as a outside pass or a driving a funny car back into the center of a lane and keeping it off the wall, its so much more then just turning left or moving the wheel to keep the car straight.

seriously though if it weren’t for getting into cars:

1. I would not own the vehicles I own (t/a, TL -lease)
  2. Would not have a good group of friends.
  3. Would not be living where I am living.
  4. Would have never gotten a college degree (family trend)

So though I feel somewhat dumb for the time and money I put into vehicles, in the end it’s made me a better person and really helped move my life along it’s path.