XM and sirius ?'s

Well Wifey’s new Tahoe and the Vette have XM which is pretty cool but only free for 3 mos. There was no way I was going to pay $15 a month and only be in the car a few hours a week.Then a guy at work was telling me you can buy something and take it w/ you wherever you go,car to car, etc.
Is this true?Does it work w/ headphones?I have no idea how this works so make sure you dumb down your answers for me.
D

yeah, they have the xm2go MyFI, which i had the pleasure of dating a girl all summer who had one/let me take it with me. Pretty cool, you can record songs off of it too. It comes with headphones like a cd or mp3 player, but also has docking stations for the house and car, with external antennas that get a lot better reception.

sirius also makes a piece as well.my all the way a lot more and better stations imo.but they do both make pieces to go from your car to house to computer.

Sirius is releasing a walkman type reciever for christmas. XM already has a cpl different units like this. IMO sirius is better bang for your buck

sirius already has a walkman reciever but its $250 or around there but its nice lookin though

Sirius had the s50 which was discontinued cuz people hated how you couldn’t get live feed, and they’re realeasing the Stiletto in the next few months which gives you completely portable Sirius. XM however has had this technology for quite a while and they recently released the Pioneer Inno, Samsung Helix, and Samsung Nexus which are all pretty sick. XM seems to always come out with better units way before Sirius can release anything to compete.

My brother has the Pioneer Inno for XM. He loves it.

sirius programming > xm X1000

if you wanna check out some different options, portable, car-car, etc. stop into my work (stereo advantage) we have a bunch of options between sirius and XM.

realistically if you want more sports and howard stern, go sirius.

I only listen to Opie and Anthony so XM > Sirius for me.

werd… that alone sold me on XM

Opie and Anthony are gay together. :gay2:

Of course Howard sucks a fat one too, I like the electronica offerings on Sirius… Trance, Chillout, Breaks/Electro/DnB FTW

Yeah, I love music that sounds exactly the same no matter who makes it.

J/k I like some of it.

Didn’t you know, all import 4cyls are exactly the same? :smiley:

fixed :smiley: lol

sirius > *

howard > *

i love it and i think its worth the money if you have a big commute

the XM to Go and its Sirrius counterparts are pretty nice. we sold a ton of them when i wokred at Stereo Advantage. personally, the whole satelite radio thing never really caught on for me. i have a 30 gig iPod with a few different playlists that have a few hundred songs each in each of them and i just use that in the car and wherever. its like my own personal radio station.

After driving a rental with sirius for a week I can honestly say XM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sirius, the station selections are about the same, but the thing that pissed me off about sirius, there is no buffer and signal sucked. You drive under a bridge and teh signal would cut out, with xm if you did that you would never notice. With sirius the moment I got in my parking garage at work it would cut out. with xm it only fades in and out depending on the location in the garage.

Dave the only reason that you like sirius more that XM is because that is the only stalite radio that eclipse supports, and imo lost my purchase.

I’ve had both, they are both pretty good, I’ll stick with XM