advice on my project.

I absolutely agree with you on the last quote LOL…

I am already in deep tutu… as I wanted to go big, so I got already big tutu lol. I can’t stop now, cause parting out wouldn’t be worth it as most of the stuff no one would even want to buy locally or understand… so like a retard I’ll pull through and finish what I started hahaha…

The sad thing is, all that money in the end when I finish engine-work, chassis-body work as I want to as well… I could have either A. invested in something far more valuable or B. gotten something far more exotic (ultima gtr, or number of other v8 kit cars) or… C. better equipped overall to begin with (eg; s2000 or rx7 with doublewishbone suspension as opposed to mcpherson strut).

All I care about right now is getting rid of debt and investing in my family life :smiley: I got a new job I’m starting soon after new years yay… :slight_smile: I am not thinking about touching any car stuff except driving my daily for the time being (well of course it’s winter too).

But since we are talking s chassis cars, I’ll spill the beans as to whatever can be done to them :smiley: You gotta be nuts, a garage, or a sponsor to build a competitive one. That’s all I got to say. In the end it’s doable… no doubt… but worth it? I guess… if you got money to burn blah…

If I were to start all over again I’d have gotten an RX7 FD3S.

samson, don’t you find it ironic that this 0.1% who claim to benefit from this superior coilover setup have never actually set foot on a race track? I certainly do.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1558/pa210767sk9.jpg

Ahmed,

this set up doesnt allow adjustment of height other than by reducing pre-load on the spring which would shorten the shock stroke.

Camber is also only adjustable with the camber plates, not at the lower bracket which limits your range of adjustability.

You may also want to add dust-boots to the damper pistons and possibly bumpstops as well…

when you consider the cost of your dampers, springs, camber plates front and rear etc. and then the lack of features that most of our cars do require there is a perfectly reasonable trade off between features (fact) and dampening which is almost hypothetical given that you wont be able to tell the difference with your experience, nor would i.

i would personally not opt for your set up because it doesnt suit my needs as well as a set of Stance, which i run in both of my cars including my winter car.

you better be out at the track this year… :slight_smile:

this set up doesnt allow adjustment of height other than by reducing pre-load on the spring which would shorten the shock stroke.

I am not going to preload them. I am also not going to slam the car as its completely useless to be scraping the floor. For that off the shelf shiznit will do just fine. Even ksports lol. Not my goal.

Instead I’ll be playing with an unlimited range of spring choices sand tender springs. It’ll go low plenty enough not stupid drift frame scraping low, but just enough. I can always modify the housings down the line but still have the real important part… the dampers :slight_smile: Pretty cnc’d 'off the shelf coilovers" look pretty and have tons of useless atypical features that are nice to sell to the masses, but ignore the most important thing; the dampers. It’s like buying a computer, it has so much junk on it, ‘features’ but in the end its a bloated slow computer.

Camber is also only adjustable with the camber plates, not at the lower bracket which limits your range of adjustability.

Actually its slotted on bottom as well… and in fact I can get some positive camber all the way to almost -5.0 out of it. Uhm… I think thats plenty camber adjustment. I run -3.0.

I guess most guys here want to run 0 camber lol…

You may also want to add dust-boots to the damper pistons and possibly bumpstops as well…

Bumpstops are obviously on, you just dont see them in the pix.

when you consider the cost of your dampers, springs, camber plates front and rear etc. and then the lack of features that most of our cars do require there is a perfectly reasonable trade off between features (fact) and dampening which is almost hypothetical given that you wont be able to tell the difference with your experience, nor would i.

well the dampers are really the only costly point. The camber plates are typical cost, 100-200. The coilover kit WITH springs is 400~ You could opt for the single adjustable koni 8610s, and thatll be like 150 each instead of 250 each. Then the housings themselves, either have them made or make some yourself, save yourself money there.

On top of that you get to kind of learn what a coilover really is, how the whole structure, the whole product works and is built. That in itself is gold value.

That’s about what it takes. That was my koni 8611 setup (or the cheaper 8610 setup). Considering what it seems is the trend on son240 EVERYONE could just run koni yellows, unless they want super stiff dampening and springrates to drift and not grip.

I dont see why our cars ‘require’ to be slammed. If that’s the only feature people really care about, then by all means, they can get megan racing, stance, ksports, d2s, powered by max, dg-5, tein, whatever they want out there pick your color coilovers. If that’s all people really care about.

There’s plenty of these ‘drift’ brands out there.

i would personally not opt for your set up because it doesnt suit my needs as well as a set of Stance, which i run in both of my cars including my winter car.

You’ll sell plenty dont worry about my posts :stuck_out_tongue:

you better be out at the track this year…

Definetely. When I asked mark end season it was all over and too late when I put the car back together… just have a few bits to get sorted out in spring. There was a few non nissan club track days but I opted to just park her for the season and concentrate on other life important matters. So until next year in april may ish or something. The most anoying one is actually something loose in the fuel tank… whenever I corner the fuel gauge goes all the way down and there is fuel starvation… engine cuts and loses all power… I have a project thread, just didnt start one on son cause it would be just bashing and shit talking.

And fyi, these dampers are used plenty down in the states. They do just fine even if its foreign to son240 still. Koni yellows, 86xx, 28 series dampers all of them do juuust fine. Including Ohlins (non japanese made ones as there were ones made in japan for japan those are junk), Bilsteins, even a few guys with motons, penskes, AST 4 ways (crazy stuff) and they too daily drive them while tracking them :slight_smile: Of course not in winter (my car will never touch winter).

Edit:

A guy down in the states I know ran Silkroad RM-A8 (oooh aaah oooh) with 6kg/mm front and 5kg/mm rear springs… (used to be 8/6 but lowered rates) after switching he said the silkroads were like ‘driving silk’ literally but… felt trash in contrast after he switched to the Konis :wink: By the way he made those claims while running 9.8kg/mm front and 7.1kg/mm rear with the koni 8610s up front and koni yellows in the rear :slight_smile: That was like almost a year ago. Now he runs all around koni 8611s.

I myself might lower my springrates i made a mistake of going with 10.7kg/mm front and 8kg/mm rear. I mean the car hauls ass, but since I dont have r comps its a bit much for my 255 azenis. People still wouldn’t guess its a coilover setup with such spring rates though :slight_smile: I’ll still keep these springs though if and when I do some aero :slight_smile:

I’m extremely enthused to have some fun on the track next year whenever within next year it is, but definitely.

Right now my car dreams are on hold however winter + financial :slight_smile: I wont spend on anything else on the car no more until I improve the driver. The car has plenty in itself. It lacks power obviously but everything else is quite nice to say the least.

There is no other reason I am building this car except to enjoy it in the summer on track. I have two daily drivers.

Ahmed, I love how you recommend to everyone the stuff that you have but bash everything that you don’t have, never used, or just don’t like.

Shut the fuck up about everything that’s JDM being crappy. I think everyone is sick and tired of you saying the exact same shit in every post you make.

And we don’t care about what the people stateside, UK, Europe, and Brazil do. Move out of Canada and go be like them. Sounds to me like you’re quite the sheep yourself.

Just because your setup looks good on the internet doesn’t mean anything. You have no track experience yourself so who are you to talk?

You’re honestly so easily brainwashed and influence by what other people elsewhere do.

OLD!

lmao okay, son240 knows better than the US, Europe and Australia :smiley: COMBINED!

“HEY! HEY YOU! Move out of Canada, you think yous so zmart you weird mister! We don’t like your kind here, we like our s chassis rusted and JDM!”

Cmon now, seriously. It’s like you haven’t had a taste of the tropical islands or something, and you live in an igloo. You know warmth is nice. And you go on “NO NO, you haven’t been there. You don’t know nothing” and being arrogant about it and instead sticking to your freezing igloo :stuck_out_tongue:

The internet IS serious business LOL

“I HURT YOU BAD, SO BAD, YOU SEE!”

i think this thread can be closed now. lol ive gotten all i needed from it and it has gone in a wayyyyy different direction. ill just post some pics of my progress later on…maybe i wont… lol

thanks

nate

Np homie :slight_smile: Post pix of ur progress when you get a chance and check your PM for one link if you want to get honest advice on suspension where to go (not me either :))

Wow. Like I said, point out individuals rather than “son240”. I wanna see how many individuals you can come up with. And don’t just pull out names of people that disagreed with you.

I’ve been around the world too Ahmed. I know you’ve lived on every continent but you’re no better than everyone else.

Kudos to you and your fucking “friends” stateside. Maybe you should get them to post something here to back you up.

No fobwall, maybe you should stay on son240 and tell everyone else to fuck off in europe, america and ‘brazil’.

Stick to JDM and stop caring about what I say okay!

http://th01.deviantart.com/fs22/150/f/2007/355/d/0/Domo_Christmas_by_earthlingsonfire.jpg

OLD!

wow. you should at least say sorry for helping to turn his thead into a shit fest. i know you are not the only one but you could still say sorry.

peace

Well my apologies, but the thread turned to shit when people jumped my back shocked at what I’m saying because it was too foreign/new on here. Seriously it’s not like I’m the first to say what I said. Even stateside there’s this divide that rather buy complete package drift brands than research and get their money’s worth…

So sorries :slight_smile:

My first suggestion was to actually ignore the disbelief of sonlings and ultimate criticisms and to just go ahead and do some research and just do it and that’s it. Everyone likes to criticize and attack on here when someone asks for advices or has questions especially new people or things that are not very common or standard. Son240 is still in this jdm/drift stage imho.

Ahmed, you do realize your using JDM very falsely.
Having off the shelf coilovers, or any other product, produced out of Canada, is not “JDM”.

Shit, not even Stance are, “JDM”, like you speak, they’re made in the fucking US.
And stop judging, “son240”, as a whole.
If anything your the exact kind of person you seem to describe this community as.

Please prove that stances are made by an American Mechanical Engineer who is actively working out of his laboratory at stance research and development. Like most shit they’re from taiwan, china, etc…

Anyways shock dyno graphs were made available and they were shown to be no different than many other off the shelf pick your color coilovers.

So in the end what you’re really buying is the cool brand name thats a dime a duzzen of cool ‘drift’ products.

You’ve still taken, “JDM”, and made it generic, without even knowing it.
“Japanese Domestic Market”…Not China.

LOL most ‘japanese’ stuff and “JDM” marketted stuff is actually chinese and taiwanese outsourced crap. All the 'pick your color coilovers"

That’s not what I’m getting at. The point is, your using “JDM”, very falsely, especially when generalizing, “everyone”, on SON to be these, immature - knownothingidioticpeubescnetkids, when in fact all your doing is contradicting yourself and everything you continue to say.

You took a simple build thread and did a 180. Coming out with, SON this, and SON that. Shit, leave the mans thread alone. Clearly its dead now, and we’re just stabbing the corpse, but why do you have to take EVERYTHING anyone says and completely turn it into the next world war.

I’ll say it again. Get off your high horse.

Not everyone is who you claim to them to be Ahmed.

hey man i bought john (DARKFORCEJACKAL) SON MEMBER Ka-t and he had it for sooo long since then no problem because running stock boost for reliable and safety is my main concern,its running over 200hp am happy with tat but hey its all up 2 u.

my suggestion go KA-T since its somthing not common like SR, i know u gonna be looking more into tunning, having it run propely but in the end its worth it. start off with stock boost and upgrade slowely from there do ur research and come up with ur own taste buildup

anyways loving ur car its mint and let me how those stance coils feel?

feel free to ask anything

good luck.

http://www.ka-t.org/

http://www.sr20forum.com/

http://www.v8silviaforums.com

If you’re going auto X, I hesitantly but knowingly suggest the SR20DET swap. Despite the SR20DET being aluminum, the difference in weight is a couple lbs, but the reliability for it, you can’t beat.

Unbuilt, untunned KA-T’s are not track cars. If you’re dumping 10k into this car, do a full sr20det rebuild and swap, because you’ll get more money back when ya sell her. Nobody wants to buy a KA-T unfortunately.

I can’t wait to finish KA-T and have it running this summer, I’ll hope to bring some new breath into the argument for KA-Ts.