Best Buy Sunday 12/17 Wii Heads Up

The way the Wii-mote works is actaully quite interesting.

The sensor bar consists of some infrared LEDs nothing more. There is an IR camera in the Wiimote, that is used only for pointing at the screen, and depth.

Inside the remote are solid-state accelerometers, and other spiffy do-dads to determine pitch, yaw, roll, rate of acceleration. Which the nunchuck also has built into it.

Edit: Something fun you could try. You can light two candles and they give off enough IR light to act as a “sensor bar”

And post your friend code up anyways so once you move to the 21st century you can read all of our spam. :tup:

it’s motion sensitive in the sense that it can detect motion. it’s not something you can aim with. it just has something in it that allows the controller to detect movement. it’s not like the other controller that goes by IR as far as i know.

fuck this post. just read fuzzy’s.

and wtf? am i the only person that doesn’t think this wii thing is all that great?

I just beat Zelda tonight. All I have to say is that the game is EPIC.

Yes.

Yes * 2.

~40 hours long is epic? you clearly haven’t played any squaresoft games.

don’t get me wrong. it’s a cool concept, and i enjoy playing it with my friends, but it’s like a $250 drinking game to me. i’m going to put a little more time into zelda momentarily. i plan on putting more time into it once the semester is over with. i’m just not that impressed so far. maybe it will get better with time.

to be fair, i really want to give red steel a shot.

Ick, from what I’ve seen Red Steel. Or pretty much anything Ubisoft shit out for that system is absolute crap. Only exception really being Rayman.

yea I found Madden 07 to have a few things wrong with it.

Red steel is poop, don’t bother. But the system isn’t for you if you haven’t loved it by now. Don’t worry the world needs button mashers and sony fan boys too :wink:

There are other things involved when you say things are epic, if you don’t do any of the side quests then it will take you about 50 hours to beat.

And by squaresoft do you mean Final Fantasy? If so you can keep it, those games may be long, but that style of game to me is boring.

It really seems like this system is not your cup of tea. I would suggest selling it for $300 to some one who really wants it and make and little profit.

Turn based RPGs are lame indeed.

Exactly

Usually I agree, though there are a few good ones. But most of those are quite old nowadays.

you should sell it to me then :slight_smile:

it pains me to admit this, but i might end up liking this system afterall. i assure you i won’t admit it’s the greatest thing since electricity like everyone else, but i might enjoy it. i put about an hour into zelda before work, and got past the point that frustrated me about a month ago. then i progressed more into the story. i found myself not wanting to go to work and wanting to continue playing.

i still don’t think it’s what all you nutters are cracking it up to me, but i might end up liking this thing. it’s a shame about red steel though. the concept is cool.

and ryan, believe me, i would have if it was mine to sell. unfortunately it is my room mate’s system.

3 years and I am still a noob at FFXI ; ;

rofl. that about sums it up.

i put more time into zelda today. i was happy about it. but my wonderful gf got me an xbox game for christmas, so i might not be playing zelda for a week or two.

convince him to sell? :slight_smile: