***Come play GTR2 ***

Primarily forum.rscnet.org and www.no-grip.net

Thank God, now I don’t have to :slight_smile:

EDIT: Sim server updated with All new Watkins Glen variations, as well as ALMS Car pack. Other updates to follow tomorrow, I want to drive the boot :slight_smile:

Finallyl got this installed. and it seems pretty amazing. Trying to get the glen w/boot to install.

has anyone toyed with re-skinning cars yet?

have to pick up a wheel. Keyboard & MS sidewinder paddle not working so good.

You mean making our own? I’ve been thinking about it, and so has Rick. Haven’t tried yet, though…

I have the templates for some of the cars, my only obstacle is understanding how to paint layers in photoshop and making it look good. I can do solid colors ok, but when you start trying to get sponsor stickers, stripes, etc. I can’t get them situated properly.

if you can hook me up with a template for a C6-R.

I think i can figure out the layers trick. for a local race team.

played a little bit last nite on a sweet setup but didnt have a compatible wheel.

ROBBIE SUCKS @ driving.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/163/346751926_a1d30b7794.jpg

but the only thing missing from this setup is freaking broadband.

PS2 logitec wheel & pedals didnt work great with windows.

C6R template WAS here:

http://www.no-grip.net/details.php?filenr=2180

…but no-grip has moved:

http://www.nogripracing.com/

Let me guess, Sahlens C6R? Somebody needs to do it…

Finally been playing this. No steering wheel = me not doing very well. Incredible game though. I’m shopping wheels now, and I should be in with you guys shortly.

was it really that hard to guess.

need to throw the sahlens billboards around the track too. for the 6 hours.

Did you download the drivers for the PC? Logitech wheels should work great, just don’t use the plug and play windows stuff, go to Logitech website and download PC drivers.

Note also that you don’t need the profiler… just install the drivers only and make your settings in the control panel. Finding settings that work well for GTR2 takes some time, but makes a huge difference in how the game plays.

im sure if i had a logitec driver the wheel would have worked. it actually wasnt the wheel that wasnt working that great it was the pedals. they were light switches. you couldnt roll the throttle on or put on the brakes. it was on or off which made for some fun restarts out of the gravel traps.

i actually went to the hamburg CC & BBuy tonite looking for something. but they had shit for pc wheels.

Unfortunately, BB does not have any G25s in their stores, I just did a check. They usually carry the Driving Force Pro, though, but with their usual clusterfuck organization method, they’ll be in a totally unexpected location. Circuit City and comp USA don’t really carry anything at all.

or Toys R US for Driving force pro

The Driving Force Pro is what you guys recommend then?

Only if you don’t want to spring for the G25. The Logitech Momo is also supposed to be good, but the pedals alone on the G25 are in a different league from any other commercial wheel/pedal set.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?p=424672#post424672

If i connect to the server does it auto update any tracks or cars I dont have? Also i need the serve rinfo please

No. You need to make sure you have the stuff on your PC.

First thing you need to do is update to the latest patch. Search this thread, there is a link there.

Then you want to get some of the more highly used cars. Unfortunately, my FTP is down, so you will need to PM neurokinetik maybe he can set his up.

If you search this thread, there is a list of which add-on mod cars we’ve generally been using. You can find most of them on No-Grip Racing or Race Sim Central

Unless things have changed there are two servers, Novice and Full Sim.

I’ll PM you the server info for the full sim server. Talk to Fuzzyfish for the novice server.

ive been on a few times. what exact version are you guys running. i cant find the server that bret pmed to me.

Gots me a driving force pro and wanting to use it :wink: $50 beans off of ebay.