Gran Turismo 5 General Discussion Thread

Spent a couple hours playing the roommate’s copy, especially drifting.

Ok, its a great game for the driving. so much pisses me off, but once you get into the driving aspect of it deeply it’s amazing.

Damn, the people who made GT5 just keep lying to me…

It said it will take about 20 minutes to install the game. So I took a shit (which anyone who knows me will tell you they are not fast)… Then updated my iPhone to OS 4.2… Then took my dogs outside… AND FINALLY it was installed. It took about 45minutes. WTF!!!

“har har har… I may kuwait sis yea to pway game, an now I may kuwait even ronger!”
-Little Asian man

WTF is w/ the standard/premium cars? I bought an R32 GTR N1 in the used lot and can’t even change the God damn wheels?

LOL, the last “5” mins was like 15 mins for me…:rofl:rofl

All the used cars are standard cars. The major difference is premium cars have very high detail, and you can use cockpit view to drive them. I only use standard car for B Spec, driving with the bumper cam is simply no fun.

I figured out how to join a room your friend is in. Goto the community tab on GT mode, and instead of clicking lounge the mug, click the yellow icon just above it, will say “playing…” and you can go straight to the room they are in.

that better be one helluva dump. the one thing this game does well & often is install.

this is sick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edXRmj4mpvI

level 20. fuck yeaa

get a job you habib

Didn’t spend a lot of time with A Spec so I am still lingering at lvl 16, but one of my B Spec driver is at lvl 15.

Gonna be giving to my brother for Christmas.

Do you know what the arrow next to the driver’s name is? One of mine has an orange arrow, one has a green. I am at level 6 in Bspec I think, and 16 or 17 on Aspec.

Under my observation, I believe that indicates how motivated the driver is. To my understanding, if the driver did poorly or are simply way to fast for the field, it will start to lose motivation.

I did shared my driver online if you guys wanna check it out.

So…Ive been booted from about 5 races online. Apparently peeps cant handle my Lime Green Murcielago with color matched wheels drifting in their stupid fucking drift race bullshit. I had one kid threaten to kick my ass because his dumpy black 350 with yellow wheels cant drift and I was fucking him up with all the 4 wheel smoke I was leaving him in.

Fuckin a-holes online need to chillllllll…lol. I had another guy boot me last night because he kept running into me, then he got upset because his car might get banged up…wow…srsly?

Rocket, I keep wanting to join your race but my 1150HP Veyron exceeds your 400HP limit llolololol

That highway drags shit is funny lol. I dont have the veyron yet, but I was doing good with the Zonda, and then the all Honda one you crashed LOL I think I was one of like 4 Hondas actually in there.

If you think that is bad, wait till they start giving XP points and credits on online races. I’ve seen people who will quit the race simply because they are not leading or feel like they can’t catch up.

I usually just host race and rarely joins, most online race are all set up with no restrictions and assist, making 1000hp cars like they are on rails and usually turn into a crash fest with the guy who brought the fastest car wins.

I find setting restrictions attracts like minded players, I’ve had races where people are using just the recommanded cars with no mods duking it out for 4, 5 lap bumper to bumper with 0 crashes. That was fun, win or lose.

KillerBlackbird vs. Wayne64SS in any online battle would be beyond epic.

update coming this month to add “mechanical damage and failure” as well as detailed configurations for th G25 and G27 racing wheels

I just now did $362,000 worth of damage to the 1962 Buick, doing 175+ into that barrier on the infield Daytona course lol

so we can expect that update in 2 years?!?!?

Yeah, the overhaul and chassis repair cost are tied into the price of the car, mileage and how you drive the car. Crashing cost more damages, and more money to repair. I think it will be more evident once the full damage model is in place, as I believe you will see chunks of the car missing after crashes.