Gran Turismo 5 General Discussion Thread

Cossey, how did you beat the Loeb rally races? That’s the last of the special races I have yet to even bronze. I did get gold on the first race but the last two I can’t do SHIT!!!

I just drove lol. I thought they were maybe medium difficulty at best. I haven’t attempted any of the Mercedes events, along with NASCAR stuff lol.

I have pretty much everything at this point, waiting for level 24 to hit so i can buy the formula gran turismo. Cossey build a racecar chassis out of the 69 camaro including the chassis mod, I Beat all the vintage races with that car, Or I can send it to you on friday night.
This game is soooo fucking easy…except for the shitty car dynamics…like the bumpers acting like velcro or the worst A.I. drivers I have ever seen in any GT game. I’ve been using shitty cars just to make it more interesting. The lamest part is when u hit level 23 you cant go any further till they offer the formula car…fucking ghey. So I will still do both GT5 and I-racing because they are great tools to help keep hand/eye coordination together.
But…if you want to learn to drive on track, with real race tracks that are damn near exactly the same as the real deal…and I-racing is almost 10 years ahead in development and about 5 years younger in age. No stupid a.i. only real drivers, car damage and physics that would blow the panties off an asian engineering exchange student at R.P.I…

Formula Gran Turismo car I thought was crap. I traded mine for a '69 Ford GT Race Car. I did 5 laps out of 20 on the Formula GT Championship and I backed out of the race. The car will spin out if you do one thing wrong lol.

Can you use the Red Bull prototype car in the formula GT races? If so, I can clone mine (I think) and send it to someone.

Tom-I have a 69 SS and HATE the thing. I know I need to work on the setup of the suspension and such, but as of now I hate it. What other cars would you work with? I built a spec miata (NC) but other than that it’s just cars I felt like buying, like Ferraris and M3s lol.

Naw, you gotta have a formula GT. The FGT is one of the worst cars in the game, I think.

These online trading “races” are hilarious. Someone is always desperate for an X2010. So there is this 12 year old with a mic in the room saying how bad he wants an X1 and talking all this crap.

I put in the chat box “HJ for an X1?”
Out loud he asks “What’s an HJ?”
…pause of silence…
Someone says “Hand job!”
…ohhh.

That was my lame ass lulz for the day.

:rofl

The formula gt is strictly for that race and is the only car they allow. As for the 69 I have some set up for you that will make it at least competitive. I slammed them with the car but I have an extraordinary ability to make shit fast…LOLOLOL. I will be online tomorow night as i dont have an internet connection in troy. Text me later in the night tomorow and I’lll send the stuff to you. Quite frankly the minolta88c is hands down the best car I own in the game. I have lots of cars you would think are better…lap times dont lie though.

have any of your wheels fallen off yet Tom?

Hells yeah…you know how we do…centerlock hubs bitches.
++

yeah that car is nutty. I have the Mazda 787b and the BMW V12 LMR, the latter I think being the best of these three cars. the Sauber C9 is good as well.

I will have the Ferrari f 2010 tonight.

-Adam

Edit, I mean 2007

I might play for a few in a few. I still need gold in one of the beginner rally events in order to have gold for beginner, intermediate, and expert rally. It’s limited to 246hp, and I originally thought FWD, but I now notice it doesn’t say that in the course requirements. I was using a Mini Cooper S with most mods except for some power stuff. Anyone have any recommendations? And I also need a good setup for the Chaparral J car for the historic races. I can’t drive that thing for shit.

Yeah, Lancia Delta Evo II.

So I just spent my millions, all 12.5 of them and bought the Ferrari F1 2007. It can ONLY be used in arcade one-make races(no A or B spec stuff)

I am now going to swindle that Ferrari dealership and get my money back and keep the car too. You watch…

I just topped the dumpy X2010 around Indy at around 304mph. Slow POS.

Weaksauce, JVG and I hit 308 tonight drafting :tongue

Got my 12.5 million back from Ferrari. I’ll be getting the car back too in short order :vlad

So that’s the deal with those F1 cars? Glad I didn’t buy one and now I know why there are so many up for trade.

The guy I traded the Mugen NSX JGTC car for the Volvo wagon sent me the NSX back and asked if I still had the 08 Challenger. I sent him the Challenger after I won the seasonal race with it and used the NSX to win that seasonal race. Fucking win. Easy 2 million credits.

First time I’ve driven the Challenger since I won it, it’s top heavy but fun to slide around.

I’m not a Jaguar person but that fuckin’ XKR coupe is a nice looking car. I have one in black.

Alright, I am not bored with just having a stable full of red bull cars. Anyone have anything else interesting? Please send… lol

Jim, how easy are those seasonal races? Which one did you do with the challenger? Did you do anything to it?

Jon, I have a sweet Citroën if you’re interested. Around 180hp.