Gran Turismo 5 General Discussion Thread

Joe Gigs is on his way. You can have him for one week, then I need him back.

yo clone that chrome paint shit and send it my way :tongue

Boxersix: Are you able to loan the T7? I can get it back quick, dont have to have the ladies home till midnight. lol

Just ran a 7:25.728 around NuR in my MkV GTi w/ 357hp weighing 1112kg. Tweaked the suspension a little bit and it handled pretty effing good for a FWD car.

unfortunately I just sent jvg the F1 ferrari @ 10pm

I don’t know if you can paint the X1, even the colored ones. Maybe I’m wrong. I think that’s why all the kiddos on GT Planet keep wanting to collect one of each color lol.

:thumbup I gotta try that seasonal event next. I wonder if you win something for Golding all seasonal events?

Same here, I’ve Beemer looking for chrome paint for a while.

I was wondering the same thing. I will find out soon though, as I only need to do one more race to have that whole bonus events “section” done. If I don’t have the car, I just buy and build as I’m still making out on money and XP. I went from a level 21 tonight to level 25 in a matter of an hour or two. My bro loaned me his Ford GT for one of the races and I had to adjust the settings he had for it a bit as the car just pushes in turns.

I also did the Prius race, which SUCKED ass because the car couldn’t break 110mph even with all power mods. Before you go missing the Prius you already have, note that te specific model required is NOT the one we won in a previous event. You have to buy a new premium version.

+1 I want balla chrome too. Can you send a limited amount of paint chips a day?

Not sure on paint, I’ve sent a car and a paint chip in the same day, but I want to say you’re limited to 5 chips?

I wonder if there is a gold plated paint chip?

No prize for all gold in any bonus series. :frowning:

EDIT:

I’m cheating… Using te X2010 in the first endurance race Grand Valley. At lap 27, I have a 13 lap lead.

EDIT 2:
So for winning the Grand Valley endurance race ( I finished in 1hr16m w/ a best lap of 1:05.4xx) all I got was an 03 Honda HSC, and it’s a fucking standard model.

After lap 15, it was extremely hard to get a very clean lap through the course due to lapped traffic spreading apart. I constantly ran into a white 300ZX and every time I did, I was like “FUCK YOU PETER NORTH!!!”

Jim- I’ll send the dumpy SRT4 tomorrow, I already sent a car today.

EDIT 3:

Here’s a list of prize cars in the game that’s easy to read and no one has to go searching through this thread for:
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/113/1137527p1.html

I merged my last three posts so I don’t look like a post whore.

Did I send you my Toyota 7. I cant find it in my garage

Cossey; no problem man, send it when you can. I use my X2010 for the same purpose, grinding races and speeding through endurance races. I just golded level 3 and 4 bonus events, and you’re right, no prize car. I am at the very end of level 29 now, S. Vettel red bull special event almost unlocked so I can legitimately get an X2010.

yeah i have yours and the one i won as well.

JDaniels, I’ll send you that car tonight. I had to wait since I had sent one already.

So I cracked into level 30. It unlocks, as we know, the Vettel special race and it adds the colored X1’s to the new car dealership. You have to be at level 40 to buy one though. I noticed there is no color names with the X1, which leads me to believe it’s color can’t be changed just like my carbon.

The Vettel challenge is fucking tough. Basically you have to run two laps flawlessly, flat out. I managed to roll the X1 on it’s side in the first turn of the Nurburgring GP track. That was awesome. I came within 4 seconds of a bronze time at Monza, Suzuka is a nightmare too…fuck. I think I spent an hour just trying to get a bronze on at least one track, nothing. If you go off the track; disqualified. I need to practice more and keep trying.

This is one challenge you really need to have a wheel to accomplish gold on. The car takes such minute steering input to be perfect it’s difficult to do w/o a wheel.

As far as the color stuff, I was able to paint the Zonda R and I don’t remember that having a a color name next to it either.

We need to start setting up more online races with criteria/restriction so we can start using these cars we have now.

I’m waiting for you to get to level 30 so you can feel the pain i felt in the Vettel race with a controller :rofl

How is the Zonda R? I just bought the Zonda C12S from he used car dealer, I was thinking about buying the R, I have about 5 million credits after doing all the bonus races lol.

I agree on the online races. Maybe a Shift518 Lotus 111R Nurburgring battle? Unlimited mods, no driving aidz?

I did the vettel challenge @ JVG’s place with a controller, it’s hard to say the least. Must have wheel for that IMO. Between the amount of time I have on JVG’s game getting golds for him, and my own game here, I’m probably at a level 50 :lol

Zonda R is ok. Has bad snap oversteer if you overcorrect. You should have one, you win it from one of the races or event’s.

111R race. Fuck. Yeah. Should do something with more fight to it as once someone pulls on the Nords, they’d be gone and it just becomes a time trail event at that point. It’s best to save that track for a race consisting of G-C or LMP cars only. I vote Laguna Seca, Trial Mountain, or Eiger Short. All course that will offer good competition over 20-30 laps.

Eiger Norwand Short is one of my favorite tracks, right up there with the Ring.