Gran Turismo 5 General Discussion Thread

Awe, JD just sent me two sets of race soft comps. :smiley:

Isn’t he just the sweetest?!?!

Adam; I found out you can’t paint the other X1’s. That sucks.

What about a Volvo 240GLT Estate Wagon race? I’ve got my fully modded one and two stock extras, I am sure I can find quite a few more. They all seem to be beige color, or “dick-toned” lol.

That’s actually a fun car to drive :lol

Do the majority of us already own our personal cars? lol

No Porsche in game and the Subaru Legacy sedan I always come across is the 3.0R, not the 2.5GT or 2.0GT for japan.

I have every possible E46M3 except the GTR race car though lol.

It is! I was surprised how well it corners.

Yes, I think I’m the only one who bought an STi hatch, just like in real life :rofl closest thing to my truck was the dumpy Ram, also bought a couple RSX Type S too.

I have both a 22b and version 4 STi that I painted a really nice metallic green. I also installed 6spds with 04 STi ratios, a single plate clutch, and the fixed sports suspension. Thats the closest to my car I can get.

The 22B actually feels scary close to my personal car. It has pretty much the same power levels and the dynograph is very similar as well, due to the added displacement.

I keep seeing the RUF RGT, that’s kinda close…right? Maybe…

Not close enough really. The RGT is essentially a 911 C2S chassis with a turbo motor. The Turbo, GT2, and C4S Porsche cars are all widebody, where all of the other 911’s are narrowbody. Adam, correct me if in wrong.

Have you seen the new RGT-8? It’s an abomination.

Aside from it not being a flat six in the back…are ya nuts! Ruf designed and built a specific flatplane crank V8 for that car(it’s not the cayenne motor) that makes 550+ hp and spins to 8500 rpm. It’s epic to say the least. I’m all for the flat six, and would have said meh if it was the caynenne motor but it’s a “motor lift” the 911 has needed. I would personally have loved to see the flat 8 return from the 908’s but was too expensive to develop.

Cossey, everything is right except that the RGT is not turbocharged.

lol I didn’t know they designed the engine. It’s a sick car but a V8 in a 911 will never sit right with me.

Think of it as a detuned F1 motor, not a lumpy muscle engine. It’s helps the metal aspect of it, trust me i know. :lol

that was some clone parts from my second account. I sent you a comp for a custom transmission too didnt I.

I have a Legacy 2.0T, and the GTR race car.

Send me something better. And paint chips too!

I will I’m all maxed out currently from cloning a Ferrari SP1 and matte paint chips, racing tires and transmissions

Whos up for a No restrictions Suzuki Cappachino RM (Race Modded) race for 15 laps at tsukuba circuit later today

I’m down