Gran Turismo 5 General Discussion Thread

Enjoy!

If you had any doubts that GM is attempting to make future buyers of its all-new Corvette Stingray feel younger in one by adapting the car’s styling as well as its own marketing efforts to reach the PlayStation and Nissan GT-R generation of youths, look no further than to its connection with the Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) racing game.
After offering GT5 users the chance to drive a camouflaged prototype of the new Corvette C7, a challenge that more than 500,000 people accepted since last November, Chevrolet and Polyphony Digital Inc., the developers of the racing game franchise, are now making the production model available for download.

The new Corvette Stingray will be available as a free download through the PlayStation Store on PS3 on Tuesday, January 15.

“Getting behind the wheel of the all-new Corvette Stingray – the most powerful and sophisticated standard Corvette ever – is sure to be a thrilling experience,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “Through this unique collaboration with Gran Turismo, Chevrolet is able, for the first time, to give performance car enthusiasts access to such an exclusive driving experience the day after the Corvette Stingray’s world debut.”

GM adds that during the creation of the virtual Corvette Stingray, “careful attention was paid to the tiniest details of the new design inside and out, as well as to the enhanced performance driving characteristics – down to the shift schedule for the seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching.”

source: carscoop

yesssssssssssssssssss

SWEEEET!

The masked prototype hammered pretty good round the Nurburgring with super soft tires.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGs3sx4KkG4[/ame]

Stoked for this.
I tried to see if I could download the new corvette last night, but no go.

Didn’t know people actually played this shit pile of a game… Hhhmmm learn something new every day…

Smokes that Xbox rubbish.

lol we all know thats not true but its ok i understand you’re angry

lovin that c7 vette. was a little disappointed it wouldnt go over 200mph on the non-chicane straight at la sarthe (stock). I could only manage 199 and 5th gear wasnt topped out

I got it but I didn’t really get a chance to test it out with my steering. I just wanna to see if PD really make the car in the game auto blip when using the stick.

it was autoblipping for me when using the standard controller last night. I cant wait to put some good tires on it and see what kind of times i can get out of it

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9E-P_hQoeM[/ame]

I managed a mid 7 minute time around the Nurburgring in the prototype with super soft tires.

So apparently a couple guys learned how to hack cars on GT5.

I was fucking around tonight killing time before work and I was blasting down the long straight in the Sarthe track in my Bently race car at 242mph when I noticed on the map a dot coming up on my ass at a good pace. I thought it would be some 10 year old in a Red Bull X1. It wasnt. I got passed by a Civic hatchback that was rolling the tires at 275mph+ like I was standing still. 3150+ HP and it tops out around 325mph. Apparently there’s a 100,000HP Red Bull floating around that does over 700mph.

Here’s a video I found, there’s a few more out there:

http://youtu.be/O9euiYS0YtE

well that’s just fucking retarded.

hence why i only race in setup specs series when i used to play the game. I haven’t touched this game in a long time but maybe i’ll pick it back up after i beat dead island

There should be more engine upgrade options or bigger turbo set ups when you feel the urge to build a UGR Gallardo but a 3000HP Civic that burns the tires at 250mph is some Need4Speed shit lol. It’s hilarious to watch.

GT6 Teaser, announcement coming 5/15 at Silverstone Circuit. Potentially one of PS4 launch title.

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUK1VLZXNK4”]Celebrating 15 years of Gran Turismo | Silverstone | May 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

It only took 5 years for GT5 to be released. Probably will come out in 2019.