Help~Engine Ticking BAD

Word. I would never buy anything off this 6SPD EG character. Im sure he knew that it was going to blow up (still up in the air might i add as it is not confirmed.) in 1500 miles.

:down:down:down

^:rofl

big red - Pm’ing you a link to a clean k20a2 shortblock for $600 OBO

Its confirmed:poke

:eek:eek2

Soo… My car is all done, Mohawk Honda fixed it, and Honda did it as a good will repair. They are not even sure how the hell this happened, they are going to investigate it further, what happened is there was broken shims (plates) left in above the springs and they told me they are only used in the installation process of installing a new cam or cylinder head. Which then resulted in my valves getting out of adjustment by 1/8 of a inch. So they said its one of two things, either when my car was put together on the production line they forgot to remove them or the previous owner replaced the cylinder head and or the cam and the tech forgot to take them out. Either way, its from someone else’s stupidness.:Idiots Now the only thing that sucks is that Honda did it as a Good will repair even though I am under Powertrain Warranty?! Claiming they cant warranty it because that was there but they cant prove who did it. They also said “because this is a goodwill repair,Honda is not responsible if additional repairs needed” Which worries me bc they said Im lucky it didnt do major damage, which how do I know it didnt, how do I know it didnt burn the cam out? The car runs perfect if not better than before but, I still believe it should have been warrantied.

They jerked you around with that, sounds like maybe theyyre covering their own ass for a fuckup that happend with when of their tech before you owned it?

I dobut your cam are scored up so im sure your just fine… provdeing nothings bent, chipped from all of that

at least its fixed, Tricia. lets just hope it continues to run top notch like a Honda is supposed to.

ya they said everything looks perfect, nothings bent at all, and that the engine itself looks very well maintained, clean oil, and everything else, so thats good at least

good to hear its fixed. hope mine runs good for awhile. looking to sell it soon though.

i doubt anybody was in that motor before you. they fucked up at the factory. the car was made on a monday or friday. i love the way that the dealer sidestepped the whole warranty/ responsibility thing. they should just admit it. it was a mistake. it shouldn’t’t render any future warranty claims whatsoever.

I was driving my buddies SI this weekend and attemped to light up the tires.

attempt one ended in a burning clutch.

attempt two i was more aggressive and lite them up but then herd a really loud pop. had no idea what it was so i stoped.

wtf man? what a hunk of shiot!

Hint- Don’t continue to drive your car when it has a bad knock

I’d sell the car Trish. lol.

Glad its fixed though.

i’d have to agree.

thing shouldn’t be breaking with such low mileage. i pummel my old ass cars all day long and don’t break much of anything.

Winner! What do myself and the other guy that said valve lash get?

Hj? Bj? ZJ?!?!

Ya I agree with all of u, Im very dissappointed in Honda Of America, they are not what they used to be. Ive gone through two Si’s with major issues already, none from me either, both from the factory and both ended up with Honda denying its they’re mistake. It had a Honda OEM gasket, Honda Cam, Honda everything. I have completly lost all faith in Honda at this point, and this will be my last Honda that I will buy. I should have bought the 06 TSX I was looking at, would have been a much wiser choice. Soon I should be able to afford a very very nice car, once some business Im dealing with finishe. Depending on the amount Ive been looking into a BMW 7 series, they are bad-ass.

The valve lash was caused by the broken parts in there they said, didnt just happen on its own, but u were right , so u get a thumbs up :thumbup and a pat on the back -----> Pat Pat :rofl

What’s a ZJ?

But seriously…I’d sell the car and let another owner deal with it lol. What if it breaks again in a more serious way? They won’t keep good willing it all the time.

You just got unlucky. It happens.

Why a 7-Series? Get an M45 and save $15k.

Uhhhh… you know that Honda and Acura are the same company… right