HOLY SHIT!!! Do you know what you just wrecked!

DOOO IT

wait, what?

[quote=“newman,post:32,topic:34017"”]

GFL

[/quote]

your shoulder muscles are now on your chest… damn boy calm down

im with violator on this. If someone hit my wagon, they would only have to pay to buy me another e30. ~5k maybe. I could argue that showroom clean e30’s go for more, and maybe get 8 or 9k out of it.

then I’d still be out $11k, as that’s what it would additionally cost me to get another one.

Same thing with my z, or my dads z. he might be able to get 12k for a mint Z (they’re worth a bit more now that they’re popular) but that still wont compensate him for the full resto he did. maybe he can find another that already went through a resto for the 12k, but it would be a chance.

[quote=“Coldaccord,post:43,topic:34017"”]

im with violator on this. If someone hit my wagon, they would only have to pay to buy me another e30. ~5k maybe. I could argue that showroom clean e30’s go for more, and maybe get 8 or 9k out of it.

then I’d still be out $20k, as that’s what it would cost me to get another one.

Same thing with my z, or my dads z. he might be able to get 12k for a mint Z (they’re worth a bit more now that they’re popular) but that still wont compensate him for the full resto he did. maybe he can find another that already went through a resto for the 12k, but it would be a chance.

[/quote]

[quote=“Nikuk,post:20,topic:34017"”]

…THEN HE SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A CLASSIC CAR INSURANCE POLICY - OR OTHER ALTERNATE POLICY THAT WOULD COVER THE “MARKET” VALUE OF THE CAR > THEN ‘KBB’ OR LIKEWISE.

:picard:

[/quote]

[quote=“Nikuk,post:44,topic:34017"”]

[/quote]

with my dad’s case, he could do that, and does. his car is insured for 12k.

but my touring is an e30. it is a registered and insured 1988 bmw 325i station wagon. i can’t say “oh but its worth 20k” with no precedents (only a couple on the continent). the main cost of the replacement of the vehicle is the flight to germany (and stay), finding a clean one there, shipping it here, and paying the $7800 or whatever for federalization.

[quote=“Coldaccord,post:45,topic:34017"”]

but my touring is an e30. it is a registered and insured 1988 bmw 325i station wagon. i can’t say “oh but its worth 20k” with no precedents (only a couple on the continent). the main cost of the replacement of the vehicle is the flight to germany (and stay), finding a clean one there, shipping it here, and paying the $7800 or whatever for federalization.

[/quote]

which could all be written into your policy. This obv. isn’t Geico we’re talking about, so it will not be dirt cheap… but it all could be covered if you so desire.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:46,topic:34017"”]

which could all be written into your policy. This obv. isn’t Geico we’re talking about, so it will not be dirt cheap… but it all could be covered if you so desire.

[/quote]

Dont bother, people want to pay $50 a month and then expect their non-stock or rare car to be covered like every cavileer on the road and get some huge payout.

an ounce of preperation = a pound of cure.

[quote=“walter,post:47,topic:34017"”]

Dont bother, people want to pay $50 a month and then expect their non-stock or rare car to be covered like every cavileer on the road and get some huge payout.

[/quote]

i was going to say it.

[quote=“Violator,post:9,topic:34017"”]

fuck that its not ok. Insurance is shit since that car will never be the same again and they may not cover the mods. They CERTAINLY wont cover the labor that it took to install the mods.

Lets see…spend months looking for a cherry car that is becomin rare…
Spend months working to buy mods…
Spend weeks sweating and bleeding to install the mods…

Some stupid fuck takes all that away from you due to their incompetence…

Kid has every right to fucking flip…
Some peoples heart and soul are in their cars since they did all the work… they didnt pay some fucking shop to do it.

[/quote]

[quote=“Coldaccord,post:43,topic:34017"”]

then I’d still be out $11k, as that’s what it would additionally cost me to get another one.

[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:50,topic:34017"”]

Agreed.

[/quote]

jesus, how hard is it for people to get and understand the concept of appraised value insurance, how do you think so many classic car guys roll around with out fear.

You think KBB on a 1968 Camaro is anything?

LOL. that sucks…

[quote=“66impalass,post:51,topic:34017"”]

jesus, how hard is it for people to get and understand the concept of appraised value insurance, how do you think so many classic car guys roll around with out fear.

You think KBB on a 1968 Camaro is anything?

[/quote]

My car is insured for the “mods” done to my car, but It is never as good as it was before it was hit, and if it’s totalled you are totally screwed because now you have to go find another car and start fresh. Insurance is not going to go out and find the car for you, then buy all the aftermarket parts, then pay someone to install them, then get the car back to you as it was like you had never lost it. Also seeing as you will have to do all of those things yourself, who is to compensate for all of the lost time finding these things, ordering these things, and installing these things. I would much rather just be driving my car instead of wasting the whole short summer we have fixing a damaged car because some retard in a Town Car wasn’t paying attention, or waste a whole bunch of time finding another cherry FD in this guys case.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:53,topic:34017"”]

My car is insured for the “mods” done to my car, but It is never as good as it was before it was hit, and if it’s totalled you are totally screwed because now you have to go find another car and start fresh. Insurance is not going to go out and find the car for you, then buy all the aftermarket parts, then pay someone to install them, then get the car back to you as it was like you had never lost it. Also seeing as you will have to do all of those things yourself, who is to compensate for all of the lost time finding these things, ordering these things, and installing these things. I would much rather just be driving my car instead of wasting the whole short summer we have fixing a damaged car because some retard in a Town Car wasn’t paying attention, or waste a whole bunch of time finding another cherry FD in this guys case.

[/quote]

if you’re that paranoid about it, you should either get it insured for a larger amount or keep it off the road as a show car. Accidents happen… sucks but thats life :tdown:

thats y we should all drive monster trucks :tup:

Hai guys! Car accidents happen when you drive on the street! That’s why you make sure your car is insured properly, as in for enough money to cover replacing it!

Unless you’re not willing to pay to play, in which case you can STFU about it.

Welcome to life. :slight_smile:

[quote=“newman,post:32,topic:34017"”]

GFL

[/quote]

is it hard to work out with your arms on backwards?

[quote=“66impalass,post:23,topic:34017"”]

Hey dumb fuck, if the asshat isn’t as large of a toolbag as you are, and actually had his mods stated on his insurance they do cover installation… nice try to look intelligent thought.

[/quote]

LOL. You really do talk out of your ass just to sound like you have some input. Some people with fucking PRIDE IN THEIR WORK do things themselves and they dont want some lousy shop touching their car…

but a IGNORANT DOUCHE BAG like you wouldnt understand that… like many tools on this board you need to assert yourself by posting stupid shit that barely makes sense.
People do custom work that is hard to duplicate or has personal/accomplishment value.
(for example)
What shop should LAFENGAS take his BMW to to get it back to original you STUPID FUCK?

keep talking out of your ass and all the other ass suckers will post up, join on the nyspeed gay train, and agree with you

:walter:

[quote=“Violator,post:58,topic:34017"”]

LOL. You really do talk out of your ass just to sound like you have some input. Some people with fucking PRIDE IN THEIR WORK do things themselves and they dont want some lousy shop touching their car…

but a IGNORANT DOUCHE BAG like you wouldnt understand that… like many tools on this board you need to assert yourself by posting stupid shit that barely makes sense.

(for example)
What shop should LAFENGAS take his BMW to to get it back to original you STUPID FUCK?

keep talking out of your ass and all the other ass suckers will post up, join on the nyspeed gay train, and agree with you

[/quote]

Wow again, you do not know what you are talking about, many of times I have been cut a check for installation costs that I have done myself, there are waivers on your insurance policy that state how much you will get for an estimation of how much work it takes to put something on, the last insurance check I got the rate was $96 an hour, you DO NOT have to take a car to a shop to do the work.

Again, educate yourself first, then speak… :smash2: