NOS is legal

i can show you what boost does to a motor, after seeing thatwould you still add boost to it? ppl that dont know what they are doing will have mishaps, no matter what it is. it could be NA, FF or sprayed

Nitrous is 1% Mechanics, and 99% Tuning. If you blow your engine with nitrous, then you were an idiot, didnt tune the vehicle well enough, or went to crazy with your nitrous shot for what your engine could handle. To be honest with you, a supercharger, a high lift camshaft, and a turbocharger, can hurt an engine worse than a properly tuned nitrous system could. You just have to be smart about it.

Again, when DRAG RACING. Which is what we are talking about here, since most people on this site, are Primarily Drag Racers. And all of our Pittspeed STREET RACING is DRAG RACING. Nitrous is legal. Deal with it. You get beat, you get beat, don’t cry like a bitch about it.

Nitrous is a power adder
Turbochargers are power adders
Superchargers are also power adders.

Your Vehicle may have came with a turbo stock, but it did not come with a bigger turbo or high boost.

Your vehicle did not come with a lumpy camshaft stock, or high flow heads

Your vehicle may have came with a supercharger stock, but it did not come with a smaller supercharger pulley for higher boost.

You maybe faster than a certain car when its not spraying nitrous, but when it is spraying, and you lose… guess what. You still lost.

Nitrous is not cheating, it is a modification to a vehicle to increase horsepower.

So I’ll say it again. “Run what you brung, and hope it’s enough to win”. Crying is for babies.

i prefer to run what someone else brung.

as for tuning nitrous vs turbo/sc it depends on wet vs dry…because there is no way you can tell me a dry setup wont’ do more damage to a motor than untuned boost.

a dry system lets the computer do the added fuel. you can safely run up to 125 shot on dry. perfered is 75 on a dry system. actually you can do more harm on a wet kit. give an example…put hte wrong size jets in a wet kit say larger nitrous jets then larger fuel jets and your shit will blow. now with a dry kit you only add one jet to the mix. these usually run off you TPS setting where a wet kit usually has a micro switch that activates the solenoids… what happends if one fails and the other doesnt… you just had mis hap. if a dry kit solenoid fails guess what… nothing happens. easy to tune for a nitrous kit… retard timing for every 50shot 2 degrees timing from where yo uwould be NA

now if you have to much boost and not enough fuel… guess waht you run lean and detonate. you can actually hurt the motor with to much fuel also. you can get cylinder wash… boosted has way to many varibles that can go wrong. yes i want a turbo setup cause in the long run its cheaper the filling hte bottle over and over again.

nitous ownz you allllllll!!!

not I said the blind man

Not a factory one. The factory one barely holds 14psi of boost. The BOV I have is recuirculated back into the intake, it does not vent to the atmosphere.

I replied a little late to this, but I had other shit to do today.

Anyways thanks to sight n sound for providing real facts.

The only reason I said you would fail for inspection is because a friend of mine got his car inspected, and they failed him for the visual part of his inspection, for having nitrous hooked up to the engine. They said it was a safety hazard. So all he did was unhook it and bring it back, but by going what you posted I assume that it was wrong for them to do that.

that was the ins.guy choice!

my brother has his inspection book up stairs…shall i go grab it and look for nitrous and quote it…he said its legal to have b/c i want to run it and he said thats allowed to be in car as long as there r some requirments u meet

well mr. accuracy… that wouldn’t be a ‘BOV’ … so do us all a favor and STFU

i just want to laugh… people seem to think that an intake and exhaust is enough modding to get a 75 shot of the juice safely… kaufmans time check kids… SPEND THE 500 BILLS TO GET SOMETHING WORTHWHILE!!!

if you have a properly built motor or are running like a 30 shot have fun… but if not… go to hell

any stock motor can handle a 125 shot used resonsilbe

thats what edlebrok claims

most stock performance motors can… I wouldnt hook up a 125 shot to Cavalier

ya…sorry i meant to say that…

it’s about the bottom end… not the intention of the motor.

a 95 vw jetta 8v (like whitey’s old one) will take a 125 shot due to forged block / crank from the factory.

that is true, but again, most manufacturers do not build up a beefy bottom end for a car that has no stock performance in mind. but there are always exceptions

this just shows the level of knowledge you have of rides.

5.0 bottom end is very strong. the stock crank,pistons,rods can all withstand making power up to 500 to 600. now the weak part to hte production 302 is the casting. when a motor starts to make up around 500 or so hp then it puts alot of stress on the casting flaws and will spilt the block down the webbings. this was just and example. GEN III motors also have a very stout bottom end and usually in a build up nothing needs touched to produce decent numbers.

now maybe on the run of the muck motors you will have to build it up to handle it. nitrous is safe like i stated before if you take the needed steps. you cant spray 150 shot with 15btc timing your timing would have to be set at 8 btc plus run preminum octane or run more timing with a higher grade of fuel like race gas

Double post.

If you noticed I posted this before:

I’m not getting a book off a cop. I’m not a huge fan of the police in general.

Yes I have a BOV or what should be called a CBV. My car came stock with one, whats your point?

Yes its called a Compressor Bypass Valve…Or for your car it would be called a diverter valve. All the same exact thing, with different names.