NYS Trooper Down

this… i will give you a HUGE :+1 here ilya. couldnt have said it any better.

but not all though. My cousin is a sheriff and was hired without a degree.
Of course his army MP experience counted for something though.

#1 this is not the thread for this arguement.
#2 not every police agency polygraphs as a condition for employment
#3 my driving record is cleaner than most on here
#4 im looking into going back to school for a criminal justice degree
#5 im already working on getting my foot in the door in certain aspects of law enforcement.
#6… i can count… look i numbered everything.:lol

Yea there are plenty that dont require it and there are always stipulations around the schooling

Yea due to the fact that actually one of the fine officers of the law on this site pulled you over for driving with out a license but was kind enough to let you off I would believe your record is better then most on here…not really. And just because you get a degree in criminal justice does not mean any ones going to hire you. Good luck on the test

Yeah, there had to be a reason for losing the license in the first place, right?

I know NYS troopers require a credit check. My cousin couldnt get in because he had some debts and was late on a few truck payments at the time.

Atleast we know Failvis cant be a trooper. Maybe a mall cop though.

yes, im well aware of the occurrance ur talking about. he pulled me over and told me specifically it was to bust my balls. my license was suspended for a ticket i forgot about. not like that hasnt happened to anyone before. it was rectified. big deal.

Take the arguing and bullshit to battlefield, there is no need for this in this sort of thread.

And in response to the whole he was driving recklessly thing, the most dangerous thing police do day in and day out is drive around and accidents happen.

RIP.

I agree.

Everyone knows that if the other person didn’t live and there were no witnesses, that the blame for the accident would be on the person, not the officer.

agreed, and what if the other person was killed as a result? they would have been taken out due to lack of good judgment on the officers part. this goes for any authority figure.

they enforce the law of “imprudent speed.” they can ticket you if they think your accident was a result of going too fast, witnesses or evidence aren’t even a necessity to hand you a citation. happened to me about 8-9 years ago. my car was wrecked on a back road late at night, an no one saw what happened. it WAS NOT a result from excessive speed either. still, i left the scene with ticket in hand. not saying the officer who clipped the other motorist was or wasn’t at fault, but law enforcement officers really need to start setting a better example, and practice what they preach.

Very true. When I wiped out on my bike and hit the tree a few months back I was handed, Imprudent speed & failure to stay right. The turn was completely covered in gravel and no way would a bike lean a turn and make it. The lady cop that was on scene talking to me while I was still on the ground even said there was nothing I could have done. At the time she didnt want to ticket me. And even the witness driving behind me said I was doing no more than 45 in the 40mph road i was one and I was riding respectfully. The cop was chewed out by her superior for not ticketing a you kid that wrecked a bike, a week later I got tickets.

did you know you could get imprudent speed for doing 55mph in a 55mph zone in the snow? Got pulled over last year for it on rt5. I was in the jetta and it snowed 3-4 inches maybe… I was blowing by tards in 4x4 trucks and suvs doing like 30 topps. cop didnt have his radar on heading the other way but since I passed a car in snowy roads at 20+ mph difference, it looked like I was flying. I told them you can prove my speed, and it is apparent that I can controll my car while I was traveling. i got a warning.

Also I have to say, Travis and Ilya had some VERY good points, each of you. I commend you both for all your well thought out comments.

My condolences to the family and friends of the trooper that lost his life.

It’s absolutely hilarious seeing Travis type out “morals” and having hopes of wanting to be a part in law enforcement.

Travis, do you have any idea of the hiring process in law enforcement?! ANY!? The internet does wonders and when they type your name in and trying pulling up any dirt on you, you will be dismissed faster then your car went up in smoke. Stop preaching on this forum. You’ve always been a scum bag and you’re always going to remain one. You’ll never change anyone’s view on that on here. Enjoy the rest of your life working a low income degenerate job.

Buncha shitbags ITT. Mods, can you clean this up?

You know how hard it is to get in Troopers? Those guys are no joke, and 10,000 people take an exam for MAYBE 100-200 positions. It’s HARD AS HELL. AND you need a 2 year degree. Trooper academy is no walk in the park either.

+Rep

rip in peace, may god be with you all while you are on duty…

p.s. speed kills

if you have a problem, pm me… dont clutter this thread.

This. A couple of years ago I applied to become a Vermont State Trooper, I passed all the tests, a process that took MONTHS. Then I passed the background check. I was almost ready to start, but at the last minute I decided against it. It is not easy to be hired for police work Travis.

Sorry but based on your history alone, you will never get a police job.

If you do not score a 95% or better on the test, you might as well find another job…no joke.