Official NHL Trade deadline thread

robert lang traded…whereabouts unknown

mabye next year when the sabres blow millers contract.

im hearing hossa and hedberg to montreal for higgins and some draft picks…

lol mtr is going to be tough

i imagine campbell was dealt because we needed the cap space to sign miller. im sure we will resign miller to some rediculous contract similar to vanek.

yeah, theyll overpay miller as their excuse to have negative free agency periods for the next 3-4 years.

Richards has a 7.8 million dollar a year contract… I’ll pass

ottawa gets martin lapointe from chicago for a 6th rounder

HYPERHYDROSIS

After this year their salary cap will be Miller and Vanek overpaid, the Roy deal, and a bunch of rochester-level contracts. They could be under the cap easily if Tom would pull out the pocketbook.

incorrect

campbell was traded to ensure sabres management wouldn’t take the same thrashing they’ve got for the past decade for letting TOP TIER players leave the team for NOTHING, see: Chris Drury, Daniel Briere, Jay McKee, JP Dumont…the list goes on forever

by trading him, they at least GOT SOMEONE for him…and thats all the logic they need right now

DIABEEEETIS…

oh wait ?

that would make sense… Figures it would have to be in our division :frowning:

montreal will trade away its goaltending for a high scoring forward and a career 2nd string goalie? im fine with seeing hossa on friday night as long as our forwards shell price in net lol…

ESPECIALLY if it means montreal sends higgins away

i’m a fan of higgins myself, i wouldn’t wanna drop him but thats just me lol

there were previous offers over 3 yrs that he turned down.

Very true… seems like the sabres suck against good goaltending. Tim thomas, and conklin.

But, I don’t want to deal with a threat that Montreal could bring upon us. Its getting to the point where we shouldn’t have to rely on Miller to get the win for us

if i was montreal, i really would not be that desperate to trade someone who IMO will be a better two way player than peca and STILL drop 30 goals a season and hes under 30, for hossa, who is going to want some retardedly high salary

then again, hotlanta pulled the trigger on that deal to center their franchise on hossa, and now hes been bitching about a trade all season…funny how that blew up in their face…

either way, i dont see montreal making a smart move in the long run here…but their big move will happen in the next hour if they were willing to deal away huet for a 2nd round pick lol

trading campbell was the smartest thing we done, millers contract is up next season which we obviously have to sign, i was never a big fan of campbell people make him out to be better then he really is. He wanted a good contract now he will be stuck on some shit ass team instead of hockey town woot go sabres. Least we got a first round pick and a winger who doesnt seem all that bad i was readin his stats

why not, the sabres have been relying on goaltending since dominek hasek, what else is new