Quarter Mile times

anything is fast, if you have lots of money, srs are def not fast. the reason why people put them in is because they Do have more power then a ka, and are drop in. same with the ca18det, id love to know if someone ever quarter mile a stock ca with stock exhaust, probably the same time as a ka.
srs are far from gods engine anyways. i love srs for what they are, other then…rocker arms…

You can cut your time dramatically with good tires (and pressure), suspension, weight and launch techniques.

Take a look at Dustin. He ran his SR w/ T25 @ 14psi to a 12.7 1/4 time, while everyone at that psi and similar setup run maybe ~13.5 (or slower) on average.

Not that I’m saying everyone should be running mid-12s, but his setup isn’t all that different then most SR guys (with only mild mods) and he achieved this using what I just said in my first sentence.

It’s always a user-error :rofl:

agreed. ^^^ alot of it comes down to the driver and the ability to set the car up to get it down to the asphalt. any one can throw parts at a car and boost the shit outta of it…but at the end of the day if they can’t drive or hook…im gonna beat you with alot less.

im thinking of adding NOS (a small shot), or just a small turbo like a T28! to see the time difference i can get… unlike SOMEBODY THAT IS ONLY RUNNING 15.3 ON HIS KA-T!! lol

then start doing alot of grip with the car next year!!

i do agree with you!!

You better do it right and not try and cheap out!!! I am sick and tired of hear guys saying I do not have the money to build the ka or buy a engine management system, so they throw on a ebay kit with A SAFC and blow up the Ka. Then they buy a half clip ( SR20,RB OR CA) for the same about of money of building a KA.

Well I had some bad luck this year, fired 2 pistons due to running lead ( 900cc injector with JWT tune for 550cc and SAFC to remove the fuel) got the engine fix, bought a AEM from KA-T.org (http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37494) the AEM was not working I had to fix it my self, had no money for gas to tune the car, had problems with map sensor. Anyway went to the track Put in the race fuel left the street tires on to tune the car for 25psi ( first time I had the boost up, was running 12psi on the street) first run I roll out and the the pull in 3rd and 4 gear my tuner told me to shut it down, went back turn the boost up raise the timming went to do a next pull, did 2nd and 3rd gear came of the gas then the car died, still ran a 89mh, I fried my MSD COIL. Did not even get the chance to put the drag radials on and do a run. Had to tow the car home.

Going to the Track next SATURDAY!!!

Junior was like a track slut!!! I NEVER SEEN SOMEONE RACE AS MUCH AS HIM.

^^ i got my money’s worth!! and ill be there most likely… im going to change my spark plugs and wires, and use 103 octane gas!! and see if anything changes…

my best R/T is .020 i need to work on that lol

If people cant beat 14.3 with a sr20 in an s13 and a stock gsr in a civic coupe can thats pathetic. I have an sr20 in a s13 and some how I can beat a gsr with headers, exhaust and next bolt ons in a del sol(driver was not shit).Ill bring my car to the track in 2 weeks and ill tell you what a stock sr runs than.

its that 230 psi compreshion you had… :slight_smile:

R/T is pointless. :stuck_out_tongue:

Work on your 60ft if anything.

to go faster u must lose more weight !!! im not talk about the car… no need for cf hoods… hahaha stripping a 240sx is stupid ul save like 20lbs from taking off the carpet and plastic covers and sound deadning. only good reason to take out the interior is to put a cage or fit more tires in the back.

Actually, don’t look at Dustin, all he can do is wash his car and put it back… errr, push it back in the garage.

Just a quick note. one of our maxima club members just broke 10’s on maxima with a 75 shot and the VQ35 on a stock auto tranny and engine. He also has M/T 22X8X15’S which helped him bring 1.58 60" time. He’s also using a U-TEC standalone.

http://jime.f-sw.com/index.html

13.8 - ca18det 89 silvia . 193 xxx kms street tyres, t28 bb, fmic, exh
shittiest launch of the day to :frowning: easy 13.5, maybe lower

meh whatever just a fun car havent spent serious money into it yet

S13 rb20det… 14 flat first run on my street tires spining through the 60ft

try again in spring with better tires

im going ot go for a pull hopfuly soon lol

sr20’s are slow cause noobs never deside to change there clutch and slip all they up track , i’v heard of s13 ka24de running 15.5 's

agreed… My buddies stock ka24de with stock air box an a cat back exhaust ran 15.4

let me know when. my friends ls2 rx-7 really wants to go against your 10 second rb25 s14.

With my old KA24E Sohc I ran a very slow 16.93. The motor was old and beat up. After dropping the SR20DET a few seasons ago I knocked of exactly 3 full seconds by running a 13.93. After changing the tires and better launching, the car pulled a 13.11 last season. This all being on the stock T25.

So when you really think about it, installing the stronger SR20 was well worth the money, when you look at the dollars to speed/hp/times ratio.