RB

My r32 cross member worked for both the engine and tranny :/: without any modification.

mine didnt even come close to mounting up so i gotta use a KA one

if you used r32 engine cross member it bolts right up. no doubt about it i just did it 3 days ago.

done the intercooler yet? now THAT is fun!!! throttle cable, wiring, hood and fan. and I am friggin done!!!

OH!!! and sway bar…which will be fun as well :slight_smile: time to smash up an oil pan :wink:

i’m talking about the TRANSMISSION crossmember. my tranny is held up by wood right now because the TRANSMISSION crossmember from an r32 does not work. i just gotta pretty muhc wire mine up and if it actually decides to run i should be fine untill i can put exhuast on it lol

did you go with a FMIC or use the stock sidemount? i’m going with the sidemount for now.

it doesnt fit under the bumper, you will definatly need to re-work the piping

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4462/dsc01231c.jpg

ONLY pictures I am posting LOL. See it at bings.

I used side mount with A LOT of customizations. Brackets, piping, vents, diverters…etc etc etc

Hotrod, I’m not sure why your having problems with the cross members. Both my engine and tranny mounts/cross members were from my R32 clip and bolted up almost better than my KA stuff. The side mount calls for about 4 inches to be cut of the re-bar (drivers side) because of the way it’s designed, the piping swings in front of the side mount.

Chris why do you have to bang in the oil pan? Everything should line up properly without having to adjust the sway bar or the oil pan.

Also, use any sort of “L” shaped bracket for the throttle cable. Bolt it just to the left (looking at the front of the car) of the throttle body. Have a “U” typed shape to the bracket that sticks upwards and mount the throttle cable in there.

If your not willing to cut some re-bar in the hood, you can just use spacers/nuts to raise the hood about half an inch so everything clears.

martino i dunno what it is, my r2 engine crossmember bolted in fine but the trans mount holes from the r32 member dont match up to the stock holes. i’m starting to wonder if my motor is out of an r31…

!!! hot rod! spin the trans member around (180 degrees) problem solved :wink:

Mike - the hood will NOT clear at all? If I can stay away from cutting structural I would like to. Only thing is I don;t want my hood popped in the back :frowning: I’ll figure it out.
Also, I have tanabe sways. So they are much bigger. I had to remove it to get the damn motor in. I will see what I can do without banging anything for that.
How was your steering shaft on the elbow? I got maybe 1/8" clearance lol.

Just waiting for the fan and switch. Sway, throttle and the dreaded wiring.

The hood won’t clear because of the recric. vavle. If you can find an RB25 “L” pipe than it changes the angle of the flange which allows the recirc. to be bolted sideways instead of directly up, allowing the hood to close.

The elbow will graze the steering column for a while however the bolt that pinches the steering column will rub a slight patch into the cast iron after a good amount of driving. It’s still safe and won’t break or anything.
Put it this way, I drifted with mine rubbing.

Yea. I figured all of those things. I am actually trying to find the L pipe with the side mount recirc. No one seems to have this. Either I will modify it…or just cut the hood :frowning:

Oh. How tight was your front sway? O.E or a/m? The Tanabe ones are quite a bit larger than stock. So if yours is O.E and it’s very close…well, you get it I’m sure.

Importers

OEM, however it had like an inch of space.

Hmm. I’m gonna check it out first then.

What shifter did you use? Mine looks like a fuckin tractor trailer shifter lol.

hey chris you at the shop today i’m bored was gonna swing by

Sway bar fit, just a wee bit of smashing wit a torch and pipe :wink: Looks FACTORY BABY! :smiley:

ok my swaybar came close and is almost on the oil pan. i tried flipping around the crossmember and it still didnt line up with the bolt holes. i’ll try again though a couple different ways. i’m just gonnna space my hood at the hinges. should stil look ok.

Are you pushing the motor/trans up when you go to mounts it on?

Can you post some pictures of what you mean?