Suspended Registration in New York

First off let me start by saying i had zero idea as to where to post this, so its going here. well i recently just put a down payment on a turbo hatch with a suspended registration until may. what happened was the previous owners got shipped off to iraq, and his wife never turned in the plates after canceling insurance. Because of that, the registration is suspeneded until may. i was wondering if i could still get it on the road? i dont see why someone eles should be punished for someone eles mistakes. i know its my choice to buy a car with a suspened registration but come on dmv, i just wonna drive it. honestly if worst comes to worst, shell just sit in my back yard where my beat up hatch is right now. anyone with some posative feedback should help me out. and off topic ill post a picture of the new baby soon.

Yes you can still put it on the road but DMV will charge you a fee for everyday that is left of the suspension. I think i was like $8 a day. I did the same thing, forgot to turn in the plates on my Z last winter, and had to wait to reg ANY of my cars for the 68 days late I was on the plates, or pay the stupid fee. Fuck DMV, wait as long as you can. And yes you can wait say 30 days and pay whatever is left, if you choose.

holyyyy shitttt. are you serious. so if theres around 100 days left, id have to pay 800? thats fucking shittttty. i guess im gonna go in weekly to the dmv and pay it off till i can drive it.

thanks alot redevil

on a side note, anyone who knows enough(anything is more than me) about turboed civic or turboed cars in genereal. i went and saw the car and started it but didnt drive it. i was revving it in there driveway and i got it to about 5-6k, but didnt hear anything from the turbo or the BOV. shouldnt it still produce boost sitting still? should it still blow-off once it reaches the said 6 psi?

Is the car titled to you or someone else. If you bought the car and its titled to you and you go to register it on your own someone else registration suspension shouldnt affect you. The only way it would affect you is if you were driving it on someone else registration. Call the DMV

Oh I missed that… If its still titled in the current owners name, its his problem. The next car he tries to reg, in his name, should have the suspension, not yours. Call DMV to double check, but in that case you should be fine.

oh man. JVG you made me a happy person. im currently in the procees of purchasing it. meaning the cars title is still in there name. not mine. its going to be signed over to me in a dew days. thats what i thought, that the suspension has nothing to do with me or me becoming the new owner of the car. thanks alot guys, ill call dmv tommorow too double check everything. so in the meantime here is the only picture of the car :smiley: its got a zc swap with a t3t4 turbo set up. lambo doors( kinda really homo ) lowered on something other than ebay coilovers. projector headlights. black hood and hatch. custome dark green paint with flakes. honestly its an amazing car for the price that im getting it for :smiley: 1000. my only concerns were the possible problems with the turbo. bieng as i have no idea how many miles are on it. all in all i think im coming out a winner, the guy got sent off to iraq, and i get his turboed baby.

Not bad looking. Lose the lambo doors, so ghey. Hope you like the rear bumper, being molded in and all :lol

haha yeah actualy, i dont like the back bumber. i prefer stock. but it doesnt look to ricer i guess. i honestly rather have this be a sleeper stock looking car, but thats not gonna happen. im gonna throw on my steelies for the winter, clean up the rims and maybe throw new rubber on them for spring. trust me if youve seen my hatch i have now, its a major upgrade :smiley: in looks and performance.

i’m not 100% but i still think if you have the car titled to someone else the car will still be unable to be registered…i say this because of the obvious, dmv will lose a shit load of money. Id say the only way to fix this issue is to wait or pay their fine.

So heres the big question…dose this guy know his wife is selling his car…Im in Iraq right now with a guy whos wife sold his car for like a 1000 dollars than put naked pics of her self all over some dating site

91teg you must be lying. for me… lol. it was just finalized today so if he told you today then shit… im fucked.

I see why dmv would want the fine or for me to wait, money for them. i just hope that since it has little to do with the ownership of the car, ill still be able to register it. anyways im giving dmv a call tommorow, see what the have to officaly say.

register the car in vermont

Proof?

I would call DMV before you finalize any part of the sale.

The mistakes on the “registration” follow the register, not the vechicle. Like someone else mentioned, if you lapse your reg or insurance the DMV “fines” your name, not your car. that means they cant alter any new/current vehicle under their name.

Selling the car to someone has nothing to do with the mistakes they made.

Once the title is in your name, as long as your dmv records are free and clear your good to go.

A friend of mine messed up and he got his plates suspended for over a year! He sold the car to his friend/neighbor for a 1$ and they registered it and insured it for him, he just made the payments to his friend. it was his only car so he needed to get to work somehow. He waited the year for the suspension, and bought his car back. lol

but yeah, make sure if your unconfertable taking adivce from internet peoplez.

x2

and damn, that thing is riced

:ponder:ponder:ponder:ponder:ponder:ponder

Is it true insurance is optional in VT too?

http://dmv.vermont.gov/

1. Post or link to pics.

2. As long as that title gets signed and is clear, WHO GIVES A FUCK IF HE KNOWS SHE SOLD IT! bahahahahah