Tiny Rust Spots

I was detailing my car over the weekend and i noticed a few tiny areas of rust that i want to take care of right away…
there are a couple rock chip size ones on the front wheel arch that have a slight rust color to them

over the rear wheel arch it looks like somebody tried to flare the arches once in the cars life, and the paint split open and there is a small bubble… and last i found an area that is plugged with a rubber stopped in the passenger side door that has started to bubble…

can i just sand these and put some naval jelly/rust converted on the area/prime and paint?

I’d look into POR15

normally stuff like that around the wheel well is just brake dust which can be removed by using a clay bar. I would try this first even if you don’t think it’s something in the paint.

IB4. i told you not to drive an m3 through the winter

the one over the rear arch was there before, the paint had flaked over the rear…

the front wheel arch is not brake dust… it looks like somebody brushed against the car with something and it caught on the lip in 3 places… it needs some repair…

if i do por 15 can that be painted over? (black paint)

por15 comes gloss black.

how old is the car?

what month, b/c my 02 is getting repainted under BMW’s 6 year paint warr.

Don’t drive an M3 in the winter :slight_smile:

Were can you get that stuff? Would your average Autoparts store have it?

fuck that I’m gonna take my 2002 through the winter.

WTF are there seriously 3 2002 m3’s in this thread??

al-wil, transit near the 400, tell them Ryan from Schuele Paint in clarence sent you.
ks auto in tonawanda on river road i think it is.

dont use por15 without a topcoat. it cant take the sun.

dont use por15 period imo. use rustbullet. www.rustbullet.com works amazing. it actually works and you can easily paint over it. its been on my tracker for 2 years. no rust returns on the spots that you can fully cover the rust with a few thin coats. my wifes neon has had it on there for 3 winters exposed to the elements (no topcoat) and it has held up beautifully. both cars NEVER get washed in the winter… hell the tracker never gets washed period lol.

Brian

ehicle Information
VIN: WBSBL93472 JR15095
Model Code: 0237 BL93
Model Desc: M3
Engineering Series: E46
Motor Type: S54
Color Code: 668 (Jet Black)
Trim Code: N5SW (Black Leather)
Production Date: 2001/12
Retail Date: 01/18/2002

SOL

wow 7 months late, that blows!

well whatever… even if it wasnt, i doubt they would have covered anything other then one of the spots on the passenger door… the other couple could be attributed to damage

Thanks for the info!

I have a friend who lives in Tonawanda that could pick this stuff up for me.Also on average,what does this stuff cost?

That ‘rustbullet’ product sounds pretty good too.May have to look into that.

You drive that nice m3 in the winter?!