TV shopping - need help!

Im waiting till they come down in price some foo!

im going to kick ur fucking ass today just for talking back.

4:50 be there!

You are right about the bulb. My bad haha. I was mixing the pro’s and con’s in the wrong direction.

HOWEVER you are not right about the weight. The front glass for a plasma is made up of, yup, REAL glass. And it is heavy compared to the less relflective material they use on LCD tv’s.

Ill be there! Ill just wait till ur pumped and run away :rofl

Grow some balls and move the thing once!! :tongue

my panasonic weighs 42-49lbs. i kid u not. like i said, if u dont believe me, i openly invite u over to my humble abode to weigh it yourself.

cant itch my face. ugh!

He just told you to s his c. :rofl

During this process will there be the opportunity to increase my ranking on COD ooorrr no?

Samsung 650 50" Plasma in my HT setup. Shit is off the hook. I have a high level of incoming light so I needed the higher brightness that plasma gives off. The LCD was not bright enough, in the day time even a very bright LCD would be too dim. I have a BIG 3x picture window to the left, above the TV is a regular double hung window and to the right is all open , studio life floor plan… so there is alot of light sources.

If you have a darker room, LCD is ok. Brighter you need a plasma or have to pay more for a higher end LCD with a higher brightness rating.

Also plasma half lifes are a thing of the past, they dont die anymore. And burn in is a thing of the past with both lcd and plasma… any med-high end machine has pixel shift built in or something liek that depends on the company to keep burn in from happening.

they are all the same, price range wise. If you want to drop XXXX you will get 4 different companies in that range… look at the features you need. dont buy up to the next model becasue it has 4 HDMI ports, when you only have on HDMI device!

Well after searching for whats available, in my price range ~$500, I got this: Sharp

Keep in mind, I got it for $498. Also, will I notice a large hike in my electric bill? I am going from a 27" CRT to this 42" LCD

Are insignias just complete garbage?

I dont know man. I have seen Element, and Westinghouse also. None of these would be my first choice.

Im looking at some 32inch 120hz 1080p tvs

There are some good Samsung, $ony, LG, even Vizio has really made a name for itself.

That looks really nice and definitely right in the price range I was hoping for…

Have you got it all hooked up yet?
I’m also going to be going from a jump like that… old school 27" to hopefully at least a 40" LCD or Plasma.

Yeah, just got it hooked up. I was rocking some MW2 just a little while ago. My only gripe is the speakers on this model really suck. I have a surround sound, which makes up for it, but I dont know, the stock speakers are worse than my old CRT tv.

SAMSUNG ALL THE WAY !!! you wont regret it !!!

panasonic or samsung plasma.

/thread

Hmm… that would suck for me because I have no immediate plans of getting a surround sound set-up :-/
Thank you for the feedback and the heads up about that.