What items don't correlate their price premium to their functionality?

pjb awesome story is awesome…

I love expensive watches and Fiji water.

You ever hear of snake oil?

That HDMI cable is perfect example.

Premium doesn’t ALWAYS correlate to functionality, hence the thread.

There are other examples in business where identical products are being boxed and marketed at different rates just because people will buy it as they think one is superior.

Go read the rest of my posts before getting all in a huff.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuGxoRRq8Q0[/ame]

I buy used cars with cash, drink tap water and buy my clothes as Target, fuck wasting money on name brand overpriced luxury shit.

You own a fucking Harley…

Shoulda bought a huffy.

Yeah and I bought it through my in-laws…0 interest, paid with cash moniez for dirt cheap otherwise I can guarantee I wouldn’t own one.

but you can sell it, make bank and buy a honda shadow for like $600… why dont you do that?

Apple to oranges. You ride a Shadow and my Harley for 6-8 hours in a day and tell me how much of an actual difference in comfort there is, not even in the same class. We’re not talking cars here, bikes and comfort are on a completely different level.

lol their point is your statement contradicts your actions

No actually it doesn’t, I said I don’t waste money on “overpriced” (key word) luxury things. The Harley I have was not overpriced because of the deal I got on it and I would not buy one brand new for the ridiculous price they are sold for.

Reading > You

I never said I don’t buy luxury items, If i cant get them cheap then I don’ get them. To me its not worth it if I have to spend an arm and a leg.

Ehh unless you got it for $100 then you still paid a decent penny for it regardless if you saved a few grand off of book value. You can always sell it I guess so who the fuck cares anyway

You are completely missing my point. Are you high right now?

You said, and I quote: “Fuck wasting money on name brand overpriced luxury shit.” Harleys are the DEFINITION of “name brand” and are definitely considered a luxury item because most people don’t have the money to go out and drop 10-20 grand on a motorcycle. Buying one on the cheap does not exclude you from spending money on it.

What exactly is your point? You’re the only one who seems to know

SR20’s one week before Race Wars fetch a premium. Definitely not worth it.

Lottery tickets.

I give up, there is no explaining anything to the clueless.

A Harley is a high end motorcycle…

Fiji water is high end water…

I can’t believe you bought a high end luxury item, shame on you.